Friday, May 18, 2012

Sadness

Our family was heart broken to find out my wife's mother Frances passed away recently.  There are no words I can use to describe the hole in our hearts. Sandy posted about it on her blog prior to our trip.  Sandy's Blog

My wife and I made the trip there for the funeral service and I was blessed enough to be able share a few thoughts on behalf of Sandy and her sister's Fran and Barbara.  I was honored to speak for them but wish I could have done something, anything to heal their hearts.  We know Momma is in a better place but the sense of loss is overwhelming.  Momma was loved by many and was always concerned with others rather than herself even when her health deteriorated.

I will simply end this by writing what Barb had me read at the funeral:

Dear Mama,
 I know that you met the Lord on Friday, but today is your official day to celebrate you homecoming.  What a mighty God we serve! He is good all the time!  I thank you and Daddy for raising us to trust God and to trust him on all things.  I just want to say I love you!  You've been such an inspiration to me and all my family and friends.  If any of you don't know him, God as your Savior, all you have to do is call on God and he will come into your heart and make everything new.
Love you all,
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment