Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Steakcation at LongHorn Steakhouse





I participated in a campaign on behalf of Dad Central Consulting for LongHorn Steakhouse. I received a gift card to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.


With Father's Day right around the corner, its time to decide what we will grill for dinner and eat outside on the deck. I love to fire up the grill and cook outside with my girls playing in the yard. But sometimes you don't know what you want to grill or want to take the time to do the prep work. Well thanks to LongHorn Steakhouse I got a chance to take a break from grilling and take a Steakcation!


One thing my family and I enjoy is going out to eat. The time spent prepping and cooking is instead used to talk, laugh and watch the girls color on their kids menu. We had never been to LongHorn Steakhouse before so we were excited to see what it looked like on the inside and see what deliciousness was on the menu. We had a hard time deciding what we wanted to eat, well Sandy and I did. We started off with the Spinach Artichoke Dip, it was hot a cheesy and went well with the chips, and some of the free honey wheat bread!


The girls stuck to their normal tastes by ordering hamburgers, although Jacey did get cheese on hers for once.


Sandy tried one one of the extremely huge salads, the Chicken Ranch House Cobb salad, wow that was big and looked delicious!


I had a very hard time deciding which steak to get, I finally decided on the 11 ounce New York Strip, with Mashed Potatoes and a Caesar side salad. I had it cooked Medium and it was perfect! Perfectly seasoned and no steak sauce was needed, just a delicious juicy steak, my mouth is watering just thinking about it again!


It didn't last long that is for sure!


We all tried to save room for desert, I mean they had some awesome looking deserts, highlighted by the Chocolate Stampede, but we just were stuffed by our main entrees! We will definitely be back to try some of those deserts next time!

The building was beautiful, the server was great, the Manager was very nice, it was a top shelf restaurant all the way around. The girls enjoyed their time coloring and of course they loved the free bread!

This campaign has been a blast to take part in! As part of it I got Grilling Tips Fact Sheet that gave me a few tips to keep my grilling game on point. Then I got an official set of LongHorn signature steak knives. Those are awesome, big, bold and super sharp! They went through some pork chops i grilled like it was butter!

If you get a chance this Father's Day to take a Steakcation from the grill, head to LongHorn Steakhouse, because Dad's you are a Cut Above the Rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment