Friday, December 24, 2010

DFFL 2010

Well we have officially started championship week in the DFFL and we have the top two scoring teams in the league in the title game, my buddy Doc's Killer Beef (#1) vs. the #3 seed, my own Dakota River Ratz! It's been a weird season. I started 1-4, with 2 of those losses scoring over 100 points and could have beaten any other team in the league that week with the one exception of the team I was matched up against. In fantasy football what you are really playing against is the schedule, get a good schedule and play the right teams at the right times and you are in the playoffs. Have a bad schedule and all of a sudden you are losing weeks when you are the second highest scoring team in the league!

My team is largely the same as last year, mainly due to my league being a keeper league where we each get to keep 5 players, it's really almost a dynasty league. However, my keepers have not lead the way for my team this year. Draft picks of Arian Foster and Jeremy Maclin have been huge along with adds like Jacob Tamme and some guy named Michael Vick. Vick has almost single handedly lead me to half my wins, and should have lead to another if I had not gone back to Drew Brees one week. I closed on a 7-2 run and probably should have gone 8-1 or 9-0 during that stretch but second guessing yourself usually leads to losses for me. Fow what it's worth this is the 4th time in 5 years I am in the title game, yet I have no titles during that stretch! Maybe I can do it right this time, then again maybe I won't. Fantasy football is hard because all you can do is try and put your best lineup out there and hope to win since you have no control over it. So the question is, why do so many people play fantasy football? I really don't know why, but I do know I love to play!

Fear the Rat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment